INSUL is a software tool for prediction the sound reduction index R of constructions. The software development started more than 10 year ago, based on research in the USA by Ben Sharp and others. The software is developed by Marshall Day Acoustics; Rahe-Kraft is the official distributor for Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands and Belgium.
- Prediction of sound reduction index R for single, double and triple panel constructions (walls, ceilings, floorings)
- Prediction of impact noise for slab constructions
- Prediction of rain noise (ISO 140-18)
- Prediction of glazings (up to 3 panels, different glas types, thickness and spacings)
- Prediction of sandwich panels and trapezoidal profiled metal panels
- Predicion of airborne sound insulation against outdoor sound (EN 12354-3)
- Results in 1/3 and 1/1 ocatve bands, weighted single number results
- up to three construction layers, with different materials, thickness and spacing
- several frame types (wooden, steel, etc.)
- Material editor (e.g. for definition of user materials)
- Prediction of resulting reduction index (composited constructions)
- Export to SONarchitect ISO und Bastian
- PDF export
More information are available on the official INSUL web page www.insul.co.nz or in the software user groups in XING or linkedIn ( ).